Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location of the ABAP program's source code file & executable file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are implementing SAP ECC 6.0 on Sytem i – iSeries (AS/400), i5/OS V5R4

Could someone please guide me on how to find the location of an ABAP program's source code file & executable file on the IFS of the System i ?

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Best regards.

Reda Khalifa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello Rheda,

the ABAP sources are located in the database - table REPOSRC. It is not advised to look at them through native tools, but you can use transaction SE80 to look at them. The executables are in two locations: Most of it is in /usr/sap/<sid>/SYS/exe/run (which is a symbolic link to /sapmnt/<sid>/exe), some parts are in the kernel library, which can be any name that you choose. To find out the actual kernel library in your system, you can either follow a symbolic link in the executable directory, e.g. /usr/sap/<sid>/SYS/exe/run/AS4RMTCCMS, or you can signon as <sid>OFR and check your library list.

Kind regards,

Christian Bartels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

I just need to confirm a point : if I need to restore only the ABAP source codes from a backup tape, it suffices to restore only the table (physical file) REPOSRC from library R3<SID>DATA on the tape ?

Best regards.

Reda Khalifa

Edited by: REDA KHALIFA on Apr 9, 2008 8:37 PM

thomas_vogt
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Moved thread to i5 forum.

Regards,Thomas

bernd_kohler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

this is the "SAP on DB2 for z/OS" forum. You should switch to the "SAP on DB2 UDB for i5/OS" forum ().

Best Regards,

Bernd Kohler.