Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Urgent please

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD Gurus...

kindly help me out.

Actually, the client has to plants (X and Y). The customer comes to (X) and gives the order. But, the delivery of the material is to be done at Y. It is an export material.so, if the material has to move out of gate from (X),the carrier should be provided with all the supporting documents.

My problem is when i do STO from (Y) , it is fine till here.

but, when i am trying to do PGI (VL10B and VL02N) the sales order stock is NOT picked, where as the unrestricted stock is being picked.

Here i am releasing the sales order stock to unrestricted stock (MIGO) and then doing PGI. I trust this is not correct. also, as this is a daily process , the client is not satisfied with this solution.

can you please suggest me what is the solution for this.

kindly let me know the solution for this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

I think this is a Standard SAP thingy. One material cant be both sales order stock and unrestricted. My project also use both unrestricted and sales order stock, but both are not applied to same material in same plant. When availability checks are done and CSL is given on order, storage locations and the unrestricted stock status is not checked. That means even though you have stock in unrestricted and supposed to sales order stock, the order may get CSL.

I think you have process where in you would like to have stock block given to customer and hence you use sales order stock funda. In this case i would suggest product allocation where you can decide the allocation between customers and hence no problem of over consumption by one customer.

Also in regards to copy of delivery to Carrier, there is a idoc used EDI 214 (Transportation Carrier Shipment Status) for giving the details of EDI 940 to carriers.

Hope this helps. Reward if useful. Also please questions if you not clear yet.

Kind regards

sandeep

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member227476
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear prasad..

please gothough this intercompany process

INTERCOMPANY SALES & BUSINESS PROCESSING:

An Intercompany sale transaction takes place when a sale occurs & the selling sales organization belongs to a different company code than that of the delivery plant.

Intercompany business processing describes business transactions, which take place between two companies (company codes) belonging to one organization. The ordering company orders goods from a plant, which is assigned to another company code.

Ordering company Supplying company

Company code: 5555 1000

Sale Organization: 5555 PBIL

Distribution channel: 56 PW

Division: 58 GC

Plant: 5555 1000

Customer: 215 Product: Nimsulied

• Ent Stru- Assignment- SD- Assignment- SD- Assign Sales Organization: Distribution Channel- Plant

Sales Organization Distribution Channel Plant

PBIL PW 1000/ 5555

5555 56 5555/ 1000

• SPRO- IMG- SD- Billing- Intercompany Billing:

o Define Order types for Intercompany billing

o Assign organizational units by plant

o Define internal customer no by sales organization

• Assign Sales Doc relevant for Intercompany billing

o PORIV

o ORIV

• Assign Organizational Units by plant: assign sales area of ordering company to the delivery plant.

o 1000 5555 – 56- 58

Plant Descp Sales Organization Descp Distribution Descp Division Descp

1000 5555 56 55

• Define internal customer no by sales organ: create the customer of the ordering company in the company code of the delivering plant, but with the sales area of the ordering the company

Sales Orgn Descp Customer Inter Comp Descp

PBIL 215

• Pricing procedure: PI01 (Intercompany pricing)

• Determination Rule: OVKK

PBIL PW GC A 1 RVAA01

PBIL PW GC I 1 ICAA01

• VK11: PI01

• Create Order: VA01: POR: 5555-56-58: customer- 215, product- Nimulid, supplying plant: 1000.

• Delivery

• Goods issue

• Invoice for customer

• Invoice Intercompany billing

if your case is make to order

Make to order Scenario

1. Make-to-order production is a process in which a product is individually manufactured for a particular customer. In contrast to mass production for an unspecified market where a material is manufactured many times, in make-to-order production a material is created only once though the same or a similar production process might be repeated at a later time.

2. You can use make-to-order production: (a) For branches of industry or products where a small quantity of products with a large number of different characteristics are manufactured (b) When a product has to be assembled particularly for a sales order.

3. Stock keeping is not usually carried out for products that are made to order. In companies using make-to-order production, the demand program only determines the production area, in which various variant types are produced. Depending on how you track the costs associated with make-to-order production, there are two ways to process make-to-order items during sales order processing.

(a) Make to order using sales order

(b) Make to order using project system (not relevant for SD application)

4. for make to order production using the sales order, all costs and revenues involved for an order item are held collectively at that item. A particular rule is used that can be changed manually to transfer costs to profitability analysis.

5. make to order production is largely a production planning configuration. It is also controlled by the requirements type, which is determined by three things

the strategy group (MRP 3) in MMR

the MRP group (MRP1) in MMR

the item category and MRP type (MRP 1)

6. Make-to-order production is controlled by the requirements type. The requirements type is determined on the basis of the MRP group (MRP1) and the strategy group (MRP3) in the material master record. In addition, a plant must be assigned for make-to-order items in the sales order.

MAKE TO ORDER PRODUCTION (PROCESS FLOW)

First Create a material with MM

Basic data1:

Give Material name : Cycle

Material group : 010

Division : MA

Net Weight : 10 Kg's

Gross Weight : 10Kgs.

Sales: Sales org.1 :

Base Unit of Measure : EA

Delivering Plant : RAMA

Output Tax : 1 ( Full tax)

Sales: General/Plant :

Availability Check : 01 ( Daily Requirements)

Trans.,group : 001

Loading Group : 0003

MRP 1:

MRP Group : 020 ( Make to Order Production)

MRP type : PD (MRP)

MRP controller : 000

Lot size : EX ( Lot-for-Lot order quantity)

MRP 2:

In-house Production : 1

Schedule Margin Key : 000

Forecasting:

Forecast Model : D (Constant Model)

Accounting 1:

Price control : V ( Variable Price)

Variable Price : 4000

Price Unit : 1

Then enter & Save.

Material 769 created.

Create a Sales order with VA;

Order type : OR

Sales Organization : RAMA

Distribution Channel : RA

Division : MA

Sales Office : RAMA

Sales Group : RAM, .............. Enter

Sold to Party: 6000000000

PO number : 55 , PO Date : 04.06.2007.

Item Overview Tab:

Material 769, Quantity : 100

Enter & Save the Document.

Sales Order 8212 Created

Create Production Order with CO:

Enter Sales order number: 8212, Item No. 10

Order type: PP, Enter

Click on FLAG,

Select Generate Operation and enter NO,

save the Document.

Production Order Created: 60002725

Confirm the Production Order with CO15.

Enter Production Order No. 600075 and save the Document.

Now the confirmation Order will be saved.

Create Goods Receipts with MB31.

Movement type: 101

Order: 6002725

Plant: RAMA

Storage Location: RAMA

Enter and Save, you will get Document Posted: 50000068931posted.

Check the Stock Position with MMBE

Material: 769

Plant: RAMA

Storage Location: RAMA

Execute (F8), here we can see the stock at Sales Order Stock.

Create Delivery with VL01N, Billing with VF01 and Post to Accounts

rewards if it helps

siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear jonathan yap and Sandeep Markandeya,

Thanks for the info..

Yes jonathan, my case is MTO scenario. I tried the way you suggested... the problem is when i am doing PGI with reference to outbound delivery...the system is still looking for the unrestricted stock.

I am now refering to OSS notes ... can you help me further...

but the info you have given is useful...

thanks to both of you

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, prasad.

please look at your MRP strategy in the material master. it should be compatible to MTO. also, try looking at the schedule line settings and see if the movement type sources from sales order stock.

regards and thanks! you are more than generous.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Johnathan,

I tried with MRP strategy and schedule lines also, Movement type is becoming gray and am unable to change ...

can you help me in resolving the issue...

Former Member
0 Kudos

whole issue revolved around how to give the sales order number in STO...

then when we activate Account assignmaent category to "M" in STO (ME21N) then account assignment tab will get activated. there we have to give the GL account number of the material and sales order number.

This will force the system to take the sales order stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i think Sandeep has explained it well. i just wish to suggest another way...

is your case a make-to-order scenario? if not, then sales order stock should not be relevant. if it is, maybe you can make the following set up:

1. the customer master can have plant Y as the delivering plant (assuming plants X and Y are in the same company code)

2. the make-to-order should trigger a PR (look into the schedule lines), on which a PO for STO can be created

3. the make-to-order leads to a production order and upon confirmation/completion will issue GR to sales order stocks

regards.

Edited by: jonathan yap on Mar 10, 2008 9:57 AM