cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Mi Client and Mi Server

0 Kudos

Hi all,

How can i different Mi Client and Mi Server password?

Users are changing passwords in the IM client and not on MI Server

best regards,

Douglas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Douglas,

yes, this is possible. The logon password to MI client can be different then the one using for MI Server. The MI Server is the Sync Password. So when you sync, you have to enter the Sync password at every time. If you set the sync password handling to Local, then MI server and Clienbt need to have the same password.

While changing the password, you can switch off, that user will change the password as well on the MI server.

Regards,

Oliver

0 Kudos

how can i to block user change your in mi client password?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you mean how to blog that a user can not change the password of the MI Server - on the screen where you change the password you find the button on the bottom.

If you mean how to lock a user from changing his password at all: well, you can tell MI to start the APP directly while firing up MI - look the MDK, they do it while debugging. If you allow the user to sync from inside the App, they can not go to the MI home screen, if your app does not allow then and they can not change the URL..... Well, it is a little bit of a workaround - at the end I have never found a way to change MI homescreen with a few settings and so hide some menu entries from the user.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Douglas, Oliver

MI does provide configurations to hide the links, buttons and so on. For detailed information, kindly refer to http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/44/f5afac76346c32e10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sometimes it makes sence to read the latest API

Sorry for the wrong information!

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (0)