Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII Login from Html page under xMII Version 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found this thread

but I'm not sure this will also work under xMII Version 12.

I have now this question:

Is it possible to use a url login with loginname and password under xMII V12 similar this example for Version 11.5:

http://server/Lighthammer/Login.jsp?IllumLoginName=accountname&IllumLoginPassword=accountpassword&se...

Many thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has anyone had any luck with this - displaying a v12 MII screen without requiring login?

We need to be able to do this as well in order to display read-only screens on large screen monitors on the manufacturing floor without requiring login to MII.

Under v11.5 it worked with no issues. Under v12, we haven't figured out how to do it yet.

I've waded through the NetWeaver UME documentation, have searched through the NetWeaver forums, etc. but to this point have had no luck in making it work.

We've tried enabling the UME Guest account, assigning Guest to the anonymous group and guest role (and xMII Users role), creating a Navigation for the Guest user, but still the NetWeaver login screen is displayed.

MII experts - if you are aware of how to do this can you please give detailed instructions instead of just referencing the NetWeaver / UME documentation?

Thank you for your help!

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will need a login (SSO or otherwise), but try something like this:

http://server:port/XMII/CM/Project/Subfolder/Page.irpt?IllumLoginName=xxxxx&IllumLoginPassword=abc12...

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow, thanks for the post Jeremy. Based on earlier responses in this thread our team implemented SSO on our three xMII servers for the purpose of supporting the kiosk type fixed display login. We were under the impression that URL login would not be supported in version 12. As a result, I'm sure my users and admins would thank you for the resulting ease of use with SSO.

Is it a possibility that this URL login functionality will be deprecated in future versions of xMII? It does seem to sidestep the Netweaver security model.

Regards,

Rod Hoffman

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

That works. Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Steve Christensen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I realize this thread is dated, but it appears unanswered.

Will V12 support any kind of login via URL? Or a better question may be, will the Netweaver platform support any sort of alternate authentication method to gain access to xMII?

Part of our current project is to deploy several 'Read Only' displays that will display content based on the virtual user that has logged in. Obviously we would prefer that these clients are able to login to xMII unattended, as they will not even have keyboards or pointing devices attached.

Are there other ways we could authenticate (not through a URL necessarily).

Regards,

Rod Hoffman

Former Member
0 Kudos

We will be attempting to do the same thing when we move from 11.5 to 12.0. Is it possible to do this by using SSO in netweaver ?

Former Member
jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Login.jsp and PortalLogin.jsp are not delivered with version 12.0. Now that LHSecurity has gone away the login process, and supporting capabilities, are all handled by NetWeaver's UME.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

many thanks for your fast answer.

I've no knowledge about NetWeaver's UME.

I need to know if there is possible to login under V 12 via URL by using a account and password in the url.

It is not an question when the url is now different or when Login.jsp and PortalLogin.jsp are no longer supported.