cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Currency - How to change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In the project profile , we have maintained a project currency, which gets defaulted in the project, once the project is created.

All WBS elements created also get the same project currecy and the field gets greyed. I am unable to change the currecy here.

I tried to remove any default currecy from the project profile, but the systems does't allow it and the currency gets defaulted from the company code.

How can I change the WBS currency during the project currecy?

Request feedback on the same.

Warm regards,

Srinivas Potluri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.0 The system defaults the currency from the project definition as the object currency for each newly created WBS element.

You can change the object currency for a WBS element in the organizational data for the WBS element, provided no costs or payments have been posted yet in the WBS element.

2.0 If you have assigned a number of company codes to a controlling area and the company codes have different currencies, you cannot allocate the object currency. The system automatically uses the local currency of the respective company code.

Regards,

Amit More

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.

Warm regards,

Srinivas Potluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The reason could be one / both of the following:

1)Controlling area has mutiple company codes with differing company code currencies. If so, the system always copies the company code currency as a project currency. In this case, you cannot change the currency of the WBS element.

2)The currency can no longer be changed if planned or actual values, commitments or budget exist

Please check and revert

Muraleedharan.R