cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Migration Strategy in Customer Service Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Am facing problem of deciding data migration strategy from legacy system to SAP for customer service module.

Here am explaining the situation at my project.

My client is manufacuter of water purifier systems.It sells and provides services to the customers. It offers to customers Warranty for one year and also AMCs of 1- 5 years.It offers two free servicings to customers for one year warranty and two free servicings per one year AMC.They maintain serial numbers for their products. For every service call from customer am using a service notification in SAP, for AMC i am using Service contract.

They have so many active warranties (the warranties given for the past one year ) and active AMCs (the AMCs given for the past five years) and the serial numbers given to those customers in their legacy. So how to collect the data in this case? how would be the data migration strategy?do i have to take all the past active data into the system?if i don't take past data there will not be any reference to create service notifications.Data volume is around 30000 AMCs, 19000 warranties are active at this point of time.

Pls guide me how to proceed in this case.

Thanks in advance,

Kartheek.

Edited by: Kartheek Nellutla on Mar 10, 2008 5:41 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vamshikrishnajm
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

First Group all the customers based on the sales area.

Then collect the data for the water pumps that is based on the horse power, rates etc and keep the file ready.

Then again based on the service you can create a file.

Now put the customers who are presently in the AMC and the rest you were active earlier but not in AMC right now.

Once it is done then you can carry carry on with the explanation given earlier by our friend. Please let us know if the explanation is ok??

thanks

Vamshi

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Am not aware of the Customer Service Module.

However, as I see..it is suggested that U transfer all the past data since this would be helpful in referencing and all other analytics / reporting purposes.

The general strategy, also reconmmended by SAP, is:

1) Identification of the data to be migratedthis has to be keep in the past data and the requirements that might come up in the futureall the relevant parties need to be involved for the identification task.

2) Data Cleansing stage, where you need to clean lot of inconsistencies, obsolete data.

3) Data Extraction from the legacy systems into some files( not compatible with SAP yet). Tools/ programs have to be built to convert them to files that is understood by SAP.

4) Once the SAP compatible files are ready, use one of the SAP tools: BAPI's/ LSMW/ SXDA to migrate the data and update the tables.

5) Thourough Content checks.

It is advised that, you do a lot of mock runs in a test system before the actual migration into the Production system.

Rgds,

Raghu.