cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy systems down...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on an SAP XI implementation project My job here is to integrate many leagacy systems with the SAP.

Iwanted to know how can ensure that my legacy system,which are connected to XI through interfaces are running. Also, I would like to get alerts or something like that whenever any one of these legacy systems are down.

Please help.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

simplest solution would be to configure CCMS alerts for the landscape,if you send sync messages and wait for acknowledgment,you are unnecessarily increasing the complexity and load on systems.

just search SDN to configure CCMS and it will not only monitor legacy system but can monitor your whole landscape(all systems)

Thanx

Aamir

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Threads indeed helped.Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Snehal,

With a BPM it is possible where you can send a system message to the legacy system and on receiving the acknowledgment you can proceed sending messages to the legacy system or generate an alert.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u want to know that legacy system has received the message or not. then it wil be two step process.

One is ur actual process and other process is the ack from legacy system.

Once the data is received by Legacy system then ask legacy system to send the Response message to XI saying that message is received. if legacy system is down then in that case there wil not be a Ack response hence u will come to know that message is not reached to legacy system.

Thnx

Chirag