cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AE 5.2 Configuring User Defaults Parameter ID (PID) - maximum entries?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am configuring Access Enforcer 5.2 User Defaults and am setting up a number of PID parameters;

I have successfully defined 23 out of 28 parameters and now fail whenever I attempt to add the 24 entry.

Does anyone know if there is a limit on defining these parameters in AE 5.2? Has anyone exceeded 23 entries successfully?

I am somewhat new to working with AE and am wondering if I am missing something

Appreciate any feedback

Thanks

Jerry

The following is the error message and iss somewhat mis-leading also:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

You are not connected to the Internet.

The website is encountering problems.

There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:

Check your Internet connection. Try visiting another website to make sure you are connected.

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.

The website is temporarily unavailable.

The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.

The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.

If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.

To view subscribed feeds

Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view.

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)

Click Tools , and then click Work Offline.

Click the Favorites Center button , click History, and then click the page you want to view.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question answered; problem is with SAP; SAP is working on fix with tentative release date of 3rd week June, 2008 - with GRC-SAE 5.2 SP9 - until then, you are limited to 23 entries when defining user defaults in AE 5.2 (PID entries)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Listeners,

Just providing an update onthe PID limitation

SAP has resolved this issue with SP9

i have recently had SP10 applied to my test environment and have successfully added more PID entries than the initially restricted number of 23

Also, the process in defining the PID values is much improved as far as identifyning the PID selection

Just thought I would provide an update to everyone in case others are in need of this change

Jerry Synoga

Ryerson, Inc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Listeners,

I have received feedback from SAP and they have identified this issue as a bug and are presently developing a fix. The tentative date is targeted for 3rd week of June for support pack GRC-SAE 5.2 SP9

Following is the response from SAP:

Hello Customer,

The GRC Development Team has identified this as a bug and the fix has

been targeted for the next support pack for GRC-SAE 5.2 SP9 and

other relevant versions. The tentative release date of the mentioned

Support pack is June 3rd week 2008.

I am marking this question as "answered" although the fix is still forthcoming

Jerry Synoga

Ryerson

630-758-2021

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Listeners,

Just an F.Y.I. on this issue

Still waiting for response from SAP; I sent them a request for an update today; previously they had said they would review the issue to determine if this is a program bug or "working as designed"

I will keep you posted on any information

Jerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Listeners,

I have received feedback from SAP and they have been able to replicate the problem with entering the Parameter Values (PID) for user defaults in AE 5.2

They have identified that there appears to be a maximum of 23 entries that is allowed. They have forwarded this issue to their development group for review.

I will keep you posted on any future findings / resolutions to this issue

I will keep this open as "not answered yet", until I receive the final solution from SAP

Jerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

There should be no such restriction for defining the parameters. It can be more than 23. Though I havent defined 23 or more myself, it should been mentioned in the guides if that is the case.

Regards,

Muthu Kumaran KG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

I agree, there is no indication that there is a limit for these values but I cannot get pass 23 entries

I was hoping someone would say they have had no problems and have entered more than th 23 I seem to max out on

I have reported this to SAP and they are revieweing to see if there is any limits involved

In the mean time I will try to find out if it could be a browser issue

I will post any findings to this thread

Thanks

Jerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

even though I was sure there cannot be such a restriction, during testing I figured I cannot pass the 23 either.

Saving 23 still works, saving 24 doesn't.

Let us know SAP's answer.

Cheers,

Daniela