cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from ECC 6.0 to NW 7.10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to plan ahead for our upcoming hardware replacement (3 yr lease). We are also planning for an ECC 6.0 upgrade from 4.7 Enterprise (unicode). I know that the power 6 chip has a built in decimal floating point processing which I believe will be useable with Netweaver 7.10.

Is the upgrade from ECC 6.0(a NW7.00 product?) to NW 7.10 a full upgrade or is it more like a big hot pack?

The reason I'm interested is that I would like to think I could take advantage of the Decimal Floating point processor sooner than later. The other part of the equation is that we have a BI based on NW 7.00 now.

If I can avoid purchasing another i5OS and paying for a processor activation because there is now a math feature built into the processor , I'm all for it. I would like to start planning now if the upgrade to 7.10 isn't going to be too painful.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

I don't think you can upgrade from ECC 6.0 to NetWeaver 7.1....

ECC 6.0 is Based on NetWeaver 7.0, and it is the latest release. So far only products like PI, MI have NetWeaver 7.1 release.

Best regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

You may be right, but will there never be a NW 7.10 release for ECC like ECC? I'm kind of expecting one for BI. But...I've looked around in OSS trying to figure out what is what and I think I get more confused the more that I read. The renaming is almost as confusing as it is for the AS/400.

From what I readk It looks to me like there is a Netweaver 7.10 release planned for Q3 this year. Just what that means is unclear to me.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

From what I heard, there would not be another major ECC release in the near future. New functions have been and will be released in "Enhancement packages" - hopefully it is not another new term to you...

NetWeaver 7.1 has been released (Q3 2007? not Q3 2008 for sure). BI folks might know whether there will be a release 7.1 or not.

Best regards,

Victor

Answers (0)