cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProjects - "Available Capacity" for resources

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are on cProjects 4.0, Support Pack 11.

We have a requirement by which we use a four-day-per-week calendar. Also, this calendar is required to have some holidays which are specific to our business. And this works good in our calendar.

However, we notice that the "Available Capacity" for resources (Under Resources > Staffing) does not caluclate the available hours based on this calendar. So to say, the available capacity for resources is calculated on the basis of some different calendar. We can make changes to the availability of a resource per day (from 8 to, say, 10 hours per day). But what we have not been able to do is to have the availablity calculated on the basis of the working days available in the project calendar.

How can we do this?

Summary

How can we get the application to calculate "Available Capacity" for resources on the basis of a calendar of our liking and not the system's?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bittu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bittu,

Are you using WFD for capacity planning?

If not, you can try making settings for distribution function.

For this, goto:

SPRO -->Resource Management -->Basic Setting for Project Roles -->Make general settings for distribution.

You can specify your factory calendar there. Also, you can specify number of hours per day.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Vivek Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

This helped and you get 6 points!!

I could make the settings as per your suggestion and see that the 'Available' capacity for resources is now governed by the 'factory calendar' and 'hours' per day that I specify.

However, we have a requirement by which this 'Available Capapcity' may not be governed by the the same calendar for every resource. For e.g., resource R1 may have 'Available capacity' based on calendar C1 and Resource R2 may have an 'Available Capcity' based on calendar C2. How do I make allowance for this?

What I mean is, the settings that I have done works good but the same rule applies to all the resources. Is there a way I can make one setting applicable to one resource and another setting applicable to another resource??

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bittu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

If you read the help documentation of the particular node, it says the following:

The value for the factory calendar is determined in the following order:

o Project role

a) From the location of the project role

b) From the value entered here

o Staffing

c) From the location of the business partner, provided that the business partner is not a placeholder or an external business partner.

d) From the location of the project role

e) From the value entered here

I guess, this might help you.

Regards,

Vivek Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vivek.

10 points!!

Regards,

Bittu.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use calender in SAP which can be configured as per customers requirements..

Check in SPRO you will find Global Settings > Calender under netweaver.

Niranjan

Award points if useful...