Basic MDM questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have few basic MDM questions.Please help me to get the answers for them

MDM is based on which language?

Who developed MDM software?

Where do the MDM Web services reside?

What are different ways XI can connect to MDM?(other than Files and Wb services)

If I want to develope my own web service and use it in MDM,how should I achieve it?

Please help me to get answers for these questions.

Thanks,

Shweta.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Q1)MDM is based on which language?

ANS:- SAP-MDM tool is developed on C++ and now it is being converted with java.

Q2)Who developed MDM software?

ANS:- There are several MDMs.We have MDM in different forms.

SAP-MDM, IBM-MDM, ORACLE-MDM and so on.Every body have developed their own way of Managing Master Data but the goal is same.

Q3)Where do the MDM Web services reside?

ANS:-Web services for MDM are open interfaces to the MDM Server. They are based on the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) and Web Services Description Language (WSDL) standards.

MDM Web Services reside at both JAVA Application server as well as ABAP Application server depending upon the API(either JAVA API or ABAP API)u r using.

Q4)What are different ways XI can connect to MDM?(other than Files and Wb services)

ANS:- MDM can only connect to XI thruogh either FTP (File Transfer Protocol )or WebServices.There is no other way for that.

Q5)If I want to develope my own web service and use it in MDM,how should I achieve it?

for this refer to the following link.u can get some info about how to deploy the webservices

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/45/018c03166a0486e10000000a155369/frameset.htm]

Hope this is useful.

please feel free to revert to me for further clarificaitons.

Reward with points if found helpful.

Regards,

Sravan