cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable RFC Trace with JCo ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm responsible for developping a web application which needs access to SAP and we use SAPJCo for that matter. What's bugging me is that no matter how I try to disable the trace feature, I still get rfc*.trc files at my web app server root.

Methods I've used so far (even all at the same time) :

- System.setProperty("jco.trace_level", "0");

- JCO.setTraceLevel(0);

- [JCO.Pool].setTrace(false);

- [JCO.Client].setTrace(false);

- JCO.addClientPool(String client, String user, String[][] logonParams) with {"trace", "0"} and/or {"jco.client.trace", "0"} in the logonParams array.

All to no avail.

What's more, when I add {"trace", "0"} and {"abap_debug", "0"} in the logonParams array, I get the following in the rfc*.trc :

>>> RfcOpenEx ...

Got following connect_param string:

CLIENT=100 USER=SIGMA_RFC PASSWD=******* LANG=FR SYSNR=00 ASHOST=CHINON TRACE=1 ABAP_DEBUG=0

So it seems that some parameters (like TRACE in this example) are overridden somewhere along the call to SAP while others are passed without modification.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this and finally disable the tracing and creation of those rfc*.trc files ?

Thanks in advance.

PS : I've tried these methods with versions 2.0.8, 2.0.10 and 2.1.3 of the SAPJCo Library.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not looked too deep into this, but have you looked into the J2EE Visual Administrator? If you expand the server and services, there is a "Performance Tracing" service within it. It looks like what you are looking for.