cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the field details in MDM Console

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have unloaded repository and try to change the fields details ,like changing the display fields option as yes or no. in MDM Console .

But it is not allowing me to do so and giving error message as "field name already exists"

But when I go and change the user defined field it allows me to do so.

Same is the case with Table details

Can you guide me on this.

Thanks

Suds

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

I tried creating test repository , it is allowing me to change the display feilds, reorder the diplay fields, etc.

But in my original system it is not allowing me to do the same and giving me the same error.

I have applied the latest patch MDM 5.5 SP05 Patch 02. Is it because of this.

Thanks and Regards

Suds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suds,

If you are using the same and the latest MDM patch for both your original and the Test repository, it should behave in same way.

But you mentioned that for test repository, you are not facing any problem.

Try out these steps to debug your original repository:

1. Check your original repository for any errors and also if found any, then repair it.

2. Also try to archive your original repository and then unarchive it with a different name. ( And check whether it is still behaving the same).

3. You can also try creating a duplicate repository and test it.

4. Unload and Re-load (with updated Indices) your original rep and test it.

I hope any of the above steps helps.

*Please reward points if found useful.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suds,

As rightly mentioned by Nitin,You dont need to delete and recreate a field agin to change it to display field.The attribute which demands for the field to be deleted and recreted is 'Field Type'.which you dont intend to change any ways.

The problem you are facing could be due to the 'Field Code'

Note that two field cannot have the same code if you are trying to give two fields the same code name it will throw you the error that you are getting.

Another thing to note is that one field must be Display even if its a lookup field.

So if you want to delete the only Display field you need to create a display field first to do that.

Hope it helped

Reward Points if found useful

Thanks & Regards

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suds,

U cannot delete a dispaly field straight away. first u need to make the display field as "NO" for that field and then u can delete it.

if there is only one display field which u want to delete, u ll have to create another field as Display field or mark another existing field as display field "YES" and then u can delete the field.and also make sure that the code of the field is unique.

Hope this ll help u.

Reward if useful.

Regards,

Sravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suds,

Here are some of the clarrifications for your problem:

1) If you are trying to make changes to properties like " Display" to the field details it will not show you a problem. But 1 thing which should be known is, that atleast 1 field in a table has to be a display field.

2) Regarding the error that you are facing, that error generally comes when there is an already existing field/table in that table/Repository. Hence there must be any other field with the same name. Kindly check the same.

Hope it helps.

*Please reward points if found useful

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain