cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the sync frequecy for MobileEngine.config?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am at the MI's system administration page, tab Mobile Infrastructure->device maintemance,

I select one device, on the lower portion, I select the tab "config files", I can see

MobileEngine.config there for display only.

1) can MobileEngine.config ONLY be edited at the device?

2) what is the sync frequecy for MobileEngine.config?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

According to my understanding, the'Config files' tab is for viewing Configuration files only.

It is a tool for administrator by which he can know what is the latest mobileengine.config file available on any particular device.

You must have seen that there is a button too - Request Update at next Syncronization.

The administrator clicks on this button - The device syncs - and the mobileengine.config file of the device is now updated here in the 'Config files' tab, where the administrator can download it and analyse it.

If the Administrator wants to change some of the values of the parameters of the mobileengine.config file, he can add a parameter set in the parameters tab in the device configuration attached to the device.

And about Sync Frequency - It is the fixed time after which the client will sync automatically in background.

You can set the frequency by setting these parameters:

MobileEngine.Security.SynchronizationPasswordHandlingOption = local (for this your local device password and sync password must be the same)

MobileEngine.Sync.TimedSyncActive = TRUE

MobileEngine.Sync.TimedSyncTimeInterval = 60000 (This is the frequency in milli seconds)

Award points if the info was useful and do ask for more clarifications of you need any.

Thanks,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must have seen that there is a button too - Request Update at next Syncronization.

Ankur:

At the time when the Syncronization is happening, does the device have to be connected

with the MI in a wired way. Or it is via the wireless?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The device must have a http/https connection with the middleware for the Syncronisation to be successful. It can be wired or wireless.

Ankur

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Laura,

You can edit the MobileEngine.config manually on every device or you need to create a Device Configuration and assign that to user.

Check this for more info : [Configuration of Mobile Devices Using Device Configurations|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/038472dc7f22f6e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm]

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chintan:

I read the doc in your link.

The doc is very unclear and confusing.

Do you have a better one?

Thanks a lot!

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Laura,

That's ONLY comprehensive guide to update settings in MI. Anyways which steps are confusing to you?

Post it here and people will help you out.

Chintan