cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

master data in ECC6 IDES system

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i am planning to perform a POC with mdm 5.5 by accessing the data available in ECC6 IDES . here my doubt is , does (ECC) IDES contains any such huge master data with which we can feel like cleaning real master data of any organisation

thanks in advance

akhil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my best i can tell, ECC systems works with Material Master, Vendor Master, Orders, Products etc.. CRM deals system with Customer master. If an oraganization have implemented SAP then these system sure have data related ot respective masters.

Does (ECC) IDES contains any such huge master data with which we can feel like cleaning real master data of any organisation?

Ans: In real time scenario we generally integrate a SAP\Non-SAP system with MDM to store the masters, so suppose you are integrating ECC6 for any organization XYZ. the data resides in ECC^ depends upon that whether XYZ have implemented SAP or not, if not then data will be in any legacy system which XYZ is using otherwise will be in ECC6.

BR,

Alok

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

use ECC sandbox and material master for this requirement.You will get duplicate records and cleansing within MDM can be tested.

regard

RAvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

does (ECC) IDES contains any such huge master data with which we can feel like cleaning real master data of any organisation ?

This is not possible. Because here in this case, you are using only one system. So there is no need for cleansing.

Cleansing will come into picture when you are using more than one system.

eg: SAP and Non SAP System integration with MDM

or Two different SAP Systems integration with MDM.

I think for your case , you can use one more system apart from your ECC6.( Say you can use ECC5 system also)

Then try same master data from diff systems into MDM and consolidate.

Regards,

Nikhil

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

What is the objective of your POC..? I believe integration (making two systems talk to each other) is the biggest challenge while working on any POC. Then quantity of records comes in the picture

I feel even IDES have enough master records and can serve the purpose but they are clean (Means No duplicate) . So you have to choose few records and create duplicate.

If this helps you, please reward points..

cheers,

Rajesh