cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM for Film Mfg. Industry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to know about Quality Management in Film Mfg. Industry / Paper Industry.

Please tell me, where i can get information for this.

I have a query in QM for Film Mfg. Industry.

The problem is:

Film production is in ROLLs. Base unit of measure is KG.

I want to segregate defective area inside the roll, while usage decision. area is in sq.meters

There is no extra field for this in standard transaction, as per my knowledge.

Please help.

my email id : agnk.72@gmail.com

GNK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the material master enter alternate unit of measure like 1 kg = ...m.

regards,

krish

+919444293414

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Krish,

That is maintained.

Then also it is not possible

Any way, thanks for reply

gnk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Maintain unit of issue as m in QM view

please try this and come back

Regards

S.Anbalagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear S.Anbalagan,

I have already maintained the unit of issue.

But i didnt get the results.

I have come to the conclusion that system will create the lot in Base unit of measure only.

Any way thanks for the reply.

If i get the soln. i will update here.

Thanks

gnk

Former Member
0 Kudos

cannot understand what is your issue, As i understood,

Film production is in ROLLs.i.e. production unit is Roll

Base unit of measure is KG.

Defective area inside the roll, while usage decision. area is in sq.meters - cannot understand pl explain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sirji,

Here,

For a material,

Base unit of measure : kg

production unit:m (meters)

After GR, Lot is always getting generated in kg. I want lot unit in m

Is it possible ? any config is there ?

This is a genuine process requirement.

Thanks

GNK

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't help you specifically with your question. But you might want to look at SAP's Mill products solutions. What you describe is very similar to what happens in the mills that produce things like carpet or rolled sheet metal. The carpet and metal are made in rolls measured in sq. ft. but very often managed and stored as EA. Defections are related to certain areas of the roll.

The following is from SAP's documentation on this solution, bolidng is mine.

Purpose

The SAP Mill Products component adds sector-specific functionality to an ERP system to satisfy the complex requirements of mill industries (e.g. metal, wood, paper, textiles, construction materials, and cable sectors).

These industry segments differ from others primarily in that the materials used have a large number of characteristics and variants. The materials in the segments listed above are also predominantly area-based (e.g. paper, textiles, plastic film) or length-based (e.g. cables, piping). Account must be taken of these material characteristics throughout the entire supply chain.

To cater for the particularities of these industry segments, SAP Mill Products features processes and functions that cover the entire supply-chain cycle – from product design and configuration, through planning, order processing, capacity planning and production, to final delivery. Additional functions are available in costing and inventory management. SAP Mill Products are also integrated into Quality Management, Financial Accounting, and Controlling.

Here's the link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_dimp50/helpdata/EN/4e/1796374b088e5ce10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Craig

Edited by: Craig Snyder on Mar 7, 2008 5:35 PM