cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Synchronous Scenario - Receiver Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My scenario is I am calling a stored procedure in receiver adapter to inser/update a particular row in SQL Server DB. I am getting the following error :

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Error processing request in sax parser: Error when executing statement for table/stored proc. 'Finalise' (structure 'STATEMENT'): java.sql.SQLException: Unsupported parameter type 'dateTime' for parameter 'StartDate' found

Element> StartDate(type>xsd:dateTime)

Attribute-> IsInput(type-->xsd:Boolean)(value=true)

Attribute>type(type>xsd:String)(value=dateTime)

XML formed in target request side to SQL server in Call Adapter is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

- <ns0:MT_XXX xmlns:ns0="http://XXX">

- <STATEMENT>

- <StoredProcedureName ACTION="EXECUTE">

<TABLE>Finalize</TABLE>

<StartDate IsInput="true" type="datetime">2007-02-02 00:00:00.000</StartDate>

</StoredProcedureName>

</STATEMENT>

</ns0:MT_XXX>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravijeet,

This error is beacuse of the mismatch in the format.Check in the database what is the type that is defined for StartDate.It might not be dateTime.

Please do also check if SQL accepts the type as dateTime.

These are the reason why it throwing the exception "Unsupported parameter type 'dateTime' for parameter 'StartDate' found".

Trying to change the type to xsd:date in XI and execute it.Please do also take care the format inw hich u send the date.

Please do let me know if u need furthur information.

Thanks,

Bhargav.

Note:Award points if found useful.

Edited by: bhargav gundabolu on Mar 7, 2008 3:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargav,

My stored procedure definition in SQL side is

CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.Finalize

@SAP varchar(10),

@StartDate datetime

In the SQL DB startdate field the date is stored as e.g : 2007-02-02 00:00:00.000

I was checking in the SAP Library JDBC Adapter there the SQL data types supported as mentioned is DATE, TIME AND TIMESTAMP. Could you tell which will be the appropriate type to accomadate my date format ( e.g 2007-02-02 00:00:00.000)

Thx

Ravijeet

Edited by: Ravijeet Das on Mar 7, 2008 3:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravijeet,

Please select the date format as DATE and please do also make the necessary changes in the stored procedure for the same.

Please do let me know the result

Thanks,

Bhargav

Note:Award Points if found useful

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

check the format you are waiting on DB table, later modify your mapping ussing the function FORMAT to pass the correct format date to DB or change the XSD.

Thanks