Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typical Requirement in File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My scenario is File to Proxy.

Now scenario to pick up the File (at sender) is like this:

There is a file pick up from FTP Server daily. We will have two files on FTP server.First file is a blank file , which we call a FLAG File. Second file is DATA File containing required data to update in SAP.

Its a conditional File pick up:

1. If FLAG File (Blank) is present on FTP Server then pick up the data file and delete Flag File.

else

2.If FLAG File is not present on FTP server, dont pick up the DATA File and stop Processing.

Please suggest some good solution to achieve the same using File Adapter.

Also suggest, if same can be customised through Run Operating System before\after message processing.

Please help.Its Urgent..

Thanks,

Anurag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suggestion 1: You need a BPM for this. Poll for the flag file and if present it gets into BPM. Inside the BPM check the content of the file. Remember only with latest SP you get the option to generate a message for an empty file. Use a conditional branch and proceed with the rest of the processing. You can use a dummy correlation.

Suggestion 2: Use scripts and schedule this at OS level (independent of XI). In the script file do the vaildation of checking the flag file and if the validation is ucess move the data file to the foolder FIle adapter keeps polling.

Regards,

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

Thanks for reply. Let me try with your second suggestion of scripts at OS level.

But i have some queries:

1. Where do i need to upload my shell script file in XI server?

Exact location In XI?

2.When Command line prompt will run the shell script , how it will reach to the FTP server,

Is it through Connection parameters given in FTP Communication channel?

Its urgent, pls suggest.

Thanks,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you are using FTP as your file source, the option of using scripts is invalid. It works only on NFS.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can created a BPM where if the file existe, get second data and do the mapping.

get the flag data, if it exist run the bpm and get the file data

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can created a BPM where if the file existe, get second data and do the mapping.

get the flag data, if it exist run the bpm and get the file data