cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import xi content

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

why to import the contents in xi ? (import xi contents)

any adv if imported? - plz but no links needed - wanted desc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>why to import the contents in xi ? (import xi contents)

With out importing XI content you can not use XI. Adapter meta data is present only in the std content.

Jaishankar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sarvesh.

I may need some more help on this. I have a PI 7.0 service Pack 14 and trying to connect to a SAPR3 4.6C. From the thread, I go the impression that I have to import the XI content for the target system (in this case 4.6C). But, I could not find it in download center under XI_CONTENT for SAP_BASIS. They have 640 and 700 only. Is it OK to import the SAP_BASIS content for 700 SP14?

Also, Do I need to import any of ABA and APPL content?

Thanks

Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly open new thread and ask your question there. Since this is not your thread and hence you can not porvide points as well as can not make it marked as "Answered" after you get the solution.

I hope you got my point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As correctly said by Jai, if you will not import the xi contents then while creating your Communication Channel you won't find any adapter to use inside your CC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a question on Importing XI Content. The help document says the following:

"You can find the XI content for an SAP application in export files on SAP Service Marketplace at service.sap.com/swdc under Download ® Support Packages' and Patches ® Entry by Application Group ® SAP content ® Process Integration Content (XI Content) ® (you can find the name of the software component and the version in the master guide of your application).

When I go to the download page, there is a XI content for several of them. Which one I should use?.

The above procedure refres to "you can find the name of the software component and the version in the master guide of your application)."

Which master guide is it referring to? In the absence of any good direction, I am thinking that I should import the XI content for SAP_APPL, SAP_ABA, SAP_PI_BASIS and SAP_BASIS.

Please advise whether the above will be sufficient.

Thanks.

shivhare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mohammed Ghouse

Take simple example you want to integrate SRM to XI – for that integration you need to software component of SRM

If you using Netweaver 2004 by default it will install software component version SRM 4.5 and now you SRM that are using have version 5.0

So hare you need to import content for SRM 5.0 this is the first scenario

SAP also provided content for SRM for data type message type message mapping interface mapping

So if you import that content no need to create data type message type message mapping interface mapping etc

Thanks

Amit Shivhare

PS: Reward Point

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit for prompt reply.

My scenario is this:

I have R3 4.6C and I installed a separate instance of PI 7.0 R2. I am not seeing any adapters on PI. What content need to be imported into PI so that I can get the basis adapters like HTTP?.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, is it enough to import ABA,BASIS,APPL and PI_BASIS for my purpose.

Thanks

Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your SP level and accordingly downlad the xi content from service market place as mentioned below.

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000001943&_EVENT=SEARCH&HIDE=&SEARCH_SPAT=...

In Search Term Enter "SAP BASIS <version>".

Now click on XI CONTENT SAP_BASIS 7.00 -

> Database independent -

> SAPBASIS<version>.ZIP Just save this file on your machine and unzip it.

Now put this in the import directory: \usr\sap\<SID>\SYS\global\xi\repository_server\import\

In IR, TOOLS ---> Import design objects and import it.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP NetWeaver supports cross-system applications using SAP NetWeaver usage type PI. Cross-system applications based on SAP NetWeaver deliver interface descriptions, mappings, and other objects relevant to communication, together with their product. Customers must import this content (the process integration content or XI content) into the Integration Repository of SAP NetWeaver. The import is required for configuring the cross-system application in the Integration Directory.

For SAP NetWeaver 7.0, you can import XI content from SAP NetWeaver 7.0, from XI 3.0, and also from XI 2.0 into the Integration Repository (all databases released for XI 3.0 or SAP NetWeaver 7.0 are supported when you import XI 2.0 content). The Integration Builder migrates the objects from XI 2.0 to SAP NetWeaver 7.0. XI content from XI 3.0 and from SAP NetWeaver 7.0 is always compatible and can be imported into the Integration Repository without migration. The procedure described in this document applies to migration, as well as to importing XI content based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0.

Integration Repository objects are referred to as design objects and Integration Directory objects are referred to as configuration objects. Together, they are referred to as XI objects. The transport of XI objects consists of an export from the source repository or directory and an import to the target repository or directory, respectively. You can transport XI objects for the following reasons:

&#9679; To copy design objects from one Integration Repository to another Integration Repository. The software component version must be the same in the source and target repository in this case. In this way, you provide the design objects of the Integration Repository using export files.

&#9679; To copy configuration objects from one Integration Directory to another Integration Directory. In this way, you can copy a test configuration to a productive landscape.

Regards

Patrick