0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me the difference between SAP web AS

and ITS.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya, please let me know if the following helps.

What exactly is the SAP Web Application Server?

The SAP Web Application Server is the reliable, open standard-based application server from SAP. It supports both J2EE and ABAP, and serves as the underlying infrastructure for all new and upcoming SAP solutions, like SAP R/3 Enterprise, SAP Portal, SAP Exchange Infrastructure, and all other SAP components. The SAP Web Application Server is not a new product, it is the natural evolution of proven SAP application server technology formerly known as SAP Basis. It provides the platform to develop, execute, and operate Web applications and Web services as well as traditional SAP GUI based applications

Does the SAP Web Application Server replace the SAP Internet Transaction Server (SAP ITS)?

No, the SAP Internet Transaction Server (SAP ITS) will continue to be supported in the future and is integrated into Web Application Server from version 6.40 on. This is because the SAP ITS will in future display Dynpro-based SAP applications to the Web, either using the HTML-GUI or with HTML-template based IACs. This integration reduces the additional hardware for an external ITS. All SAP ITS based applications and the administration will work as before.

Flow Logic technology will also not be supported by the SAP Web Application Server. ITS Flow Logic is an approach to Web application development that is now completely covered by the new "Business Server Pages" technology and others. New applications based on ITS Flow Logic are no longer developed by SAP. Existing applications based on ITS Flow Logic will continue to be supported. SAP recommends customers use the Business Server Pages for new projects or projects in an early stage of development instead of ITS Flow Logic.

If the above didnt help, please let me know, I can try to resaerch more links and let me know..

Thanks

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot!!! You have answered my questions!!!!

Edited by: ADITYA KULKARNI on Mar 10, 2008 5:13 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

which docu are u refering to?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Usually, on a SAP technical forum we are referring to SAP technical documentation (help.sap.com) and not to Siebel or Microsoft documentation...

Would you have guess that ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to read the documentation ?

This is explained inside.

AFTER reading the documentation, if you have a specific question, we can help...

Regards,

Olivier