Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Authorization for BI Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm struggling to understand the following scenario. If anyone can shed any light or suggest anything I should be checking, it would be most grateful.

We have a BI7 Report which contains 3 InfoObjects that have been set up as "Authorisation Relevant".

2 Analysis Authorisations have been created containing these InfoObjects. 1 allows full access to the InfoObjects while the other is set to aggregation authorisation.

When a user runs the report and has been assigned the full access, data is returned.

However, if a user runs the report and has been assigned the aggregation authorisation, "No Authorisation" message is returned on the report.

I thought the aggregation option should just bring back the information at summary level!

What's going wrong or am I not fully understanding the authorisation options?

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You should try the analyses option in transaction RSECADMIN. You have to authorize all info objects that are made authorization relevant that are used in the info providers, that is different from BW 3.x.

Have fun

Bye

jan van Roest

0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

All authorisation relevant infoobjects have been identified...there are 3 of them.

If they are included in an analysis authorisation giving full access to them, data is returned. However, if I changed the authorisation from full to aggregation, I get the "No Authorisation" message.

Therefore, all the infoobjects have been identified, it's just a matter of explaining why I get data with full access and no data with aggregated access.

0 Kudos

Hi,

to see if it is really an authorization problem at the report side, add object 0BI_ALL to a role. That is a kind of sap_all for the report side. If this work, you should look in the analyses report you can find in transaction rsecadmin. If the 0BI_ALL does not work, you have to look in the sap with su53 or set a trace with st01.

Have fun

bye

Jan van Roest