cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Installation requires ABAP Engine???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a big landscape in our organisation.We are planning to install XI (NW 2004s SR2) machine also.

Our long term purpose with this installation is to replace the middlewares like Business connector,MQ etc.

I want to know that at present,whether I should install this XI with java stack only or should I install ABAP engine also thinking the above said thing in mind.

I am new to XI,so don't have much knowledge on this!!!

Can anybody provide some input on this?

Regards

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to install both the things as some components of XI runs on java stack and some of them on ABAP stack.

ABAP stack: IS,BPM,requird to monitor the messages.

Java stack: Integration builder,Adapter engine etc.

Refer the guide which is provided by swarup.

Chirag.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue is closed

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot for the info

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi abhishek,

we replaced BC with XI and we took one year to do this.

i recommend u to go for XI on dual stack i.e ABAP and JAVA.

BC wll be integarting SAP and other systems too there by u need ABAP stack also for XI

Thanks & Regards,

Rama Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

Welcome to XI Forums,

We need Both ABAP + JAVA Stack to run XI Successfully

Why Because we have some components which are running on ABAP Stack like Integration Engine,Integration Server.

Components which are running on JAVA Stack are Integration Builder( Consists of Integration Repository, Integration Directory, SLD, Runtime Workbench)

XI Runs on WAS( Web Application Server) >=6.20 onwards

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

when you go for installing XI, you install both ABAP and JAVA stack because your integration engine runs on ABAP stack and your adapter engine runs on JAVA stack. So install both ABAP and JAVA engines in your XI system.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

XI needs always a double stack (JAVA/ABAP), because some components are running on the JAVA stack (Integration Repository/Directory, Adapter Engine, ...) and some components on the ABAP stack (Integration Engine, Business Process Engine, ..)

Some general informations about XI could you find here:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

Regards

Patrick