cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAPer's next Career step

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working as an ABAPer mostly in SAP AFS,I would like to know what is the career growth I can Expect as a ABAPer in next 6 month, and what should be my next step?

I am confuse whether to remain on technical side only or move to functional side?or I should go with BW or SAP NW , BI ...?

At the same time I don't want leave my knowledge of ABAP ie I want to move such field where my knowledge will be useful for me.

There are too many modules in SAP Functional also , if I moves to Functional side then which is best modules to work with in future ?

What you think is best suited for me ?

Suggest me right way .

Thank you for your valuable time given to me .

Thanks & regards

Rajwant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajwant,

These days the growing trend for developers is to have knowledge of JAVA. These days many SAP products are being JAVA enabled and for that having knowledge of JAVA is will be very useful. Also WebDynpro is catching market at full speed so you can update yourself on this part as well.

Regarding other functional modules, it all depends on your area of interest. It would not be fair enough to suggest on the basis of this question that which module will suit you best. Have a look on the different SAP modules, read its basic descritpion and check which one will suit you most as per your technical competency.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAP_R/3

However these days CRM is catching up the market and you can have a good look on it depth before deciding your next step.

Regards,

Subhasha