cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What kind of data types in Web Dynpro can be bound to Interactive Form?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Apparently it is not possible to bind a Web Dynpro Context variable of type boolean to a checkbox in an interactive form. We get the PDF Document Render Exception until the data type is changed to string, then the generation seems to work. Does anyone know what data types in Web Dynpro other than String can be bound to an Interactive Form Document? Is there any information about this in help.sap.com/adobeforums.com/elsewhere? I have researched a bit, but couldn't get a general statement on this topic.

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards

Bettina Hepp

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member252723
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can Bind the Boolean type of webdynpro to the CheckBox in Adobe Interactive Form.

Just define the value Attribute in the Context of type Boolean and bind the Checkbox in Aif with this attribute.

Sample Code:

if (wdContext.currentContextelement.reason == true)

{

ur validations.....

}

Regards

Mustafa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa

thank you very much for the post. If I bind a Web Dynpro context variable of type boolean to a checkbox in Adobe Interactive Form, I get a PDF Document Render Exception. I don't really understand what you mean with the sample code. What kind of validations do I need to avoid getting the exception?

Kind regards

Bettina

former_member252723
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

can u just change the property of the checkbox in AIF which says on or off .

set ON =true and Off = false;

Sample Code: if the checkbox is true then do make soem fields on the form read only or editable or hide fields etc....

Regards

Mustafa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mustafa

I must apologize for the late answer. Thank you for trying to help me. In fact, I have already changed the property before, but it didn't help. Maybe something else isn't working properly.

Does anyone know the official SAP position? What kind of data types are allowed in Web Dynpro when bound to an IF?

Kind regards

Bettina