cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts are being trigerred for only a few interfaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have created a new alert category and added the container objects SXMS_MSG_GUID and SXMS_FROM_SENDER.And in the ALERT_RULE we have specified to raise alerts for all i.e, we have specified * for sender,receiver etc..,

When i go into Alert inbox and see there are a few alerts being generated.Which shows that there is no error with the alert category.But these alerts do not belong to my interface(where it is a mapping error in for my interface SXMB_MONI).Than in alert rule again i have changed the sender service to my service than in moni i can see that the mapping failed but there is no alert trigerred for the same.

But when i don't specify the sender service in alert category it shows the various alerts.

Please let me know what we have done wrong.

Thanks,

Bhargav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not a best practice to define one Alert rule for all the interfaces....U can create one Alert category and using that u can define different rules for each interface....

Iam not saying what u have done is worng...but its not a good practice...how ur client is permiting u to do one rule for all the intrefaces....and while creating the Alert category better u deinfe all the container which are helpful to know what is the error is.

SXMS_MSG_GUID

SXMS_RULE_NAME

SXMS_ERROR_CAT

SXMS_ERROR_CODE

SXMS_FROM_PARTY

SXMS_FROM_SERVICE

SXMS_FROM_NAMESPACE

SXMS_FROM_INTERFACE

SXMS_TO_PARTY

SXMS_TO_SERVICE

SXMS_TO_NAMESPACE

SXMS_TO_INTERFACE

these are some containers...

i have some docs how to create the alert category...let me know if u need i will forwad them ....

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

Thank-you for your answer and your concern,BUT, iam just practicing a scenario i never specified about implementing it in my project.Anyways just to test if my alert is working fine or not i have specified the sender-service,interface etc.., as " * ".Than iam getting various alerts in my inbox but none of them are related to my interface which is in error state(due to mapping problem) in SXMB_MONI.

Thus the alert category i have specified is working but its not generating an alert for the interface im working on.

Thanks,

Bhargav