cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxies Activation Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam reffering this BLOG to activate the ABAP Proxies.

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

Here they mentioned that

The prerequisites to configuration for ABAP Proxy include: (landscape dependent)

1. The business systems should be based on SAP Web AS 6.20 and SAP Web AS 6.20 kernel patch level above 1253

2. You have installed the XI Add-On in each of these business systems as described in the Installation Guide SAP Exchange Infrastructure 3.0

3. The business systems and your central Integration Server are maintained in the System Landscape Directory (SLD).

Configuration required on the Business System:

Can any one please clear all these mentioned points

I think the meaning of the business system here is talking abt SAP R/3 's Business system. Am i correct???

What is the meaning of XI Add-on installation on business system??

What is the nmeaning of The business systems and your central Integration Server are maintained in the System Landscape Directory (SLD).*

Regards

Suman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> The prerequisites to configuration for ABAP Proxy include: (landscape dependent)

>

> 1. The business systems should be based on SAP Web AS 6.20 and SAP Web AS 6.20 kernel patch level above 1253

It means we are talking about ABAP environment and the verson can be checked by tcode 'SPAM'. If it is equal or greater than 6.20 then you can work with proxies.

> 2. You have installed the XI Add-On in each of these business systems as described in the Installation Guide SAP Exchange Infrastructure 3.0

If your SAP WAS is less than 6.20, then you have to think about it otherewise leave it.

> 3. The business systems and your central Integration Server are maintained in the System Landscape Directory (SLD).

It means that you have to maintained an entry of Business System (R3 system) in the SLD.

It will be better if you go through the post installation guide once to clear all your doubts.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gupta,

I think the meaning of the business system here is talking abt SAP R/3 's Business system. Am i correct???

yes it is R/3 system from where u will be plugged in to XI

What is the meaning of XI Add-on installation on business system??

proxies run local integration engine(which is by default available on R/3 for WAS 6.2).

integration engine does the processing of proxies and genrate XML messages which XI can understand.

if ur WAS < 6.2 then xi addon installation will add XI intergartion engine functionality(proxy runtime)

What is the nmeaning of The business systems and your central Integration Server are maintained in the System Landscape Directory (SLD).*

We ll configuring Integration server ,adapter engine after installing XI.

u can jsut go to SLD and click on exchange infrastucture ,there u ll find ur XI engines.

now we need to add our business system for this we need to create technical system under category WAS ABAP and we ll create a business system for this technical system.

Installation of engines will be done by basis.

from our side if we create a business system in SLD ll suffic there requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Rama Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suman,

i followed the same blog and i finished abap proxy generation successfully .Now my developers are working in this scenario.

What i suggest you is that.

After doing that activity Use sproxy tcode. It wants to show in the enable if you did right in the sense. If it showing like no connection to integration broker in the downbar means. We missed out something.

So maintain an entry in the table sproxset. ifr_address;ifr_user. ifr_password. If you need more clarification means goto> connection> if you follow that one it will clear take you in to the right path.

this how i did and finished proxy generation.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suman,

Please clearly explain once again what exactly you need in ABAP Proxies.

Regards

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

I mean to say is please explain the meaning of these points

The prerequisites to configuration for ABAP Proxy include: (landscape dependent)

1. The business systems should be based on SAP Web AS 6.20 and SAP Web AS 6.20 kernel patch level above 1253

2. You have installed the XI Add-On in each of these business systems as described in the Installation Guide SAP Exchange Infrastructure 3.0

3. The business systems and your central Integration Server are maintained in the System Landscape Directory (SLD).

Regards

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer the below link for more information:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/91/de56456be146e791bf88188306aa57/frameset.htm

I hope this will give u the answer to all ur questions.

Here business system means SAP R3, BS which needs to be maintained in SLD.

So for proxy generation the system should have >Web AS 6.20 installed.

Chirag