cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation and consumption of webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having a problem with a webservice, I need to create a webservice for a Java class file - which create an excel sheet and insert and retrieve values from an excel sheet. I need to use this webservice in a webdynpro application. Can anyone please tell me step by step procedure to meet the above requirement.

Thanks and regards,

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be the problem is there are some limitation with the return values that a webservice can return.

Can you try putting the return excel in a object and then return this object. Then retrieve excel from this object on where you are.

Regards,

Srinivasan Subbiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am still having the same problem with the webservice. Please guide me to do the needful as soon as possible.

The problem statement is defined at the beginning of this thread.

Thanks and regards.

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

What exactly is the problem r u getting while executing the webservice? Have u tried executing ur webservice using wsnavigator?

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

As far as i have understood your requirement, You are supposed to do read write operatons into the excel sheet from teh Java class webservice.

But the question is where is the excel sheet located. Working with java class will work fine as its resides on your local machine but when published as a webservice it wont be able to find the excel sheet on your local machine.

Can you give a more detailed explanation on what are you taking as paramaeters for the webservice ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Actually i am creating the excel sheet for the first time also, and then whenever an insert command comes, the excel sheet is populated with the value, it can be created anywhere. I need to do read/write operation on excel sheet with the help of webservice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

I am able to create a webservice, but the problem is with the Java class. The code that i have written to create and insert and display the data from the excel sheet works well when executed from the Java project but when i try to make a webservice with the same code, there lies the problem. After execution of a webservice the excel sheet is not created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

Check this : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/49/12eb82e057474994765faf83995ecb/frameset.htm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks,

Ashok

Edited by: Armin Reichert on Apr 26, 2008 7:13 PM