cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to exchange XML-files between client and Web Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

as I am new to SAP Web AS, I have a question concerning the exchange of XML-files between the client and the Web Service.

I want to implement a Web Service, that receives an order from a client. My Web Service should be able to parse / validate this XML-document.

I know that it is possible to attach an XML-file to a SOAP message or to integrate it within the BODY of the SOAP message.

Could anyone please tell me which way is possible (the best) using the SAP Web AS.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Nadine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Alexander, I'm in a similar situation.

If I a xml order from a customer, how can I create a WSDL on my environement?

I can create a xml file using a wsdl template, but, I can create a wsdl file using a xml file?

thanks in advance,

david

zubev
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Nadine,

I would recommend that you create a Web Service that can deal with your specific order. At the moment the WS framework is designed as an inside-out development so that you start from the endpoint and create the WSDL. In your case it is outside-in development, so you should either use XI or try to create an endpoint, whose WSDL will match the XML schema of your orders.

The other way is to send the order XML files as attachments and internally in your WS endpoint use the serialization framework to parse and validate the XML order.

Best regards,

Alexander

Message was edited by: Alexander Zubev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Thank you very much for your help. We have decided to use the second possibility (as you can also see from my second question).

Best regards,

Nadine