Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of ESR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just a doubt.

ESR is shipped with PI 7.1 and CE 7.1

Enterprise Services are provided by Ehps.

ESR contains meta dat for services. So if you want to implement those services, you can generate proxies by connecting to ESR and write your implementation code through Outside in approach.

My Questions--->

1) What is the use of delivering ESR to customers? As SAP is developing Enterprise Services with an internal Ecosysytem.

2)What is the benefit end user or customer to use ESR?

3) When SAP says it is delivering Enterprise Services through Enhancement packages, Does it mean that it is providing implementation of those services which are defined in ESR?

How does ESR and Enhancement packages are synchronized?

Regards,

Piyush

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Piyush

Missed this question in my earlier reply

>> How does ESR and Enhancement packages are synchronized?

With every EhP, a new set of enterprise services are delivered as part of ES Bundles. These ES Bundles can be imported into the ESR and viewed. Any version of ES Bundles (EhP1, EhP2 and EhP3) can be imported into the ESR.

regards

Rathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sudip and Rathish,

Don't knw the problem, but no option is coming for allocating points on the screen.

Still one more doubt.

What does it mean->

You can also make use of WSDL provided by Third Party Vendors in ESR

Regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rathish,

Can you send a link or doc of how can an Enhancement package be downloaded and use the Enterprise Service bundle delivered with it imported to the ESR?

Thanks in advance!

Vera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

Here is my take on your questions,

1 & 2 . The main use of ESR is SOA governance. i.e. you could find information about all your enterprise services from SAP as well as non-SAP under a single hood. There is lot of literature you will find about this in SDN.

As the name suggests it is a repository of services.

3. Yes that means SAP delivers the Definition of services as well as the implementation for the same.

ESR is a respository and with each EHp SAP adds some more content to it( in layman terms) .

Regards,

Sudip.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some more cents from my side.

Answers for questions 1 & 2

1.1. Services that are delivered by SAP include two parts - one is the implementation of the services and secondly, we provide the corresponding metadata. The metadata is modeled and delivered in the form of proprietary models (that are standards compliant). In order for you to browse and understand these models, you require ESR which allows you to import these models to understand what the enterprise services are and navigate to appropriate documentation for them.

1.2. ESR also allows to model your own custom services and reuse the SAP methodology (include our model types, our global data types etc.) while defining your own services.

1.3. As Sudip mentioned, ESR also becomes a one source truth and the central place to enforce design time governance on top of all your SOA assets.

Answer for question 3

>> When SAP says it is delivering Enterprise Services through Enhancement packages, Does it mean that it is providing implementation of those services which are defined in ESR?

Yes!

regards

Rathish