cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My adobe form is not working some times

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i developed an application using webdynpro for java and adobe interactive form.I am displaying some data of wD java appln using adobe interactive form.But in in some browser it is working ,in some it is not.Is this is a problem of browser or reader give me the list of suitable browsers and adobe readers.

Pls help me it is urgently needed.

Surely will give points to suitable answers.

Warm regards

Shanto Aloor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aloor,

Check with your IE settings with your customer and compare with the users working properly.

Hope you could get some solution.

Cheers

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi shrikanth thank you for ur answer

iam not able to find this property pls tell frm where i can find this property.

Warm regards

Shanto Aloor

former_member365727
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Click on 'File->Form Properties' , then go to 'Compatibility' tab.

To change the compatibility type, click on 'Tools->options'. In the new window select 'Document handling', and for the 'Default file type for New forms' set the appropriate compatibility type that suits your requirement.

Regards

Srikanth KV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks shrikanth,

But iam not able to find the compatibility tab in the Edit->Form Properties, iam using adobelifecycledesigner 7.0 .

But in 'Tools->options. 'Document handling', and for the 'Default file type for New forms' which type i have to select that i don't know .....My application is like this user will select some items in wdj app and i ll show that selected items in adobe form and the user can save the data or print the data so pls tell me for this appln which type i have to select......

It is urgently neede pls help me....

Warm regards

Shanto Aloor

former_member365727
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Select 'Acrobat 7.0.5 Static PDF file'.

Regards

Srikanth KV

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry shrkanth

i couldn't find that ...................so pls tell me the path completely,,,,,,,iam version7.0(AdobeLifecycleDesigner).. r u using the same version,,,,,? pls help me....

Once again thanks for ur help...

Warm Regards

Shanto Aloor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks shrikanth

but iam using adobe reader7.0.0 and my application is working properly in my PC but in client they are also using 7.0 but some systems it is not working ...what could be the problem,,,,pls help me it is urgently needed

In my webdynpro application the properties for Interactive form is as following

display type:ActiveX

mode:generatePDF

readOnly :false

is there any problem in this settings

former_member365727
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to 'Form properties' and check the compatibility type.

If the compatibility type is maintained as '7.0.5' and the reader version is '7.0', it may not work.

Regards

Srikanth KV

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shanto,

Adobe LiveCycle Designer : Environment where you create / design your forms. Its integrated in NWDS as well as ABAP workbench. This can be on version 7.0, 7.1 or more recently 8.0

Adobe Reader : As name suggests you need this to read any PDF format files. For Interactive forms the version of this reader has to be 7.0.9 and above except 8.0

Browser : The place where your form will be rendered.

Since you have selected activeX type form only IE is supported version. This type of form gives a prompt of installing an ActiveX Component Framework control when the form is loaded in browser. This would require Admin privileges for the user logged on his/her machine.

So verify if you get this prompt on other machines, if yes try giving admin rights, install the ActiveX control when it pop-ups a message for it and then check your form.

There should be an entry in C:\windows\Downloaded Program Files by name probably sapacf.dll or something like that I don't remember. Do you have that entry on your machine???

Hope this helps.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi chintan....

thanks for ur reply,,,,,,,

I cant restrict the users who uses my appln should have the admin right,so appln should work ,without the admin right also so what i have to do..i tried by changing the property display type:Native then application is working but the following error is showing at the time of showing the application,

The error is like this

Server error:

class:UCF_AccroForm

method:Error

could not send message

So chintan pls reply to me as earlier as possible it is urgently needed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Warm Regards

Shanto Aloor

Edited by: shanto aloor on Mar 13, 2008 4:20 PM

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shanto,

You will need to to convert your existing ACF based form to a ZCI (Zero Client Install) based form. ZCI based forms do not require any installations and works in platform/browser independent manner.

Check these notes : 1055911 & 1042394 for solution on how to go about and read the prerequisites before proceeding.

Chintan

former_member365727
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to this note for Adobe reader version - 834573.

Adobe reader 7.0.9 or higher version is supported, except Adobe reader version 8.0

Coming to the browsers only IE is the suitable browser for SAP applications , we can use other browsers as well but some of the functionality may not work.

Regards

Srikanth KV