Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to load the reference/check table data in to MDM Server - help

former_member189354
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to load the referece table/check table data from ECC50 into FTP server/Ports. I am intrested only in Material and vendor extraction. Is this is possible with MDMGX or I need to use old zreports to extract reference table data? Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel.LA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

MDMGX Transaction will help you to populate the Check Table values. For running this transaction you need to know the name of Check Tables in R3 ie the T -Tables which you will require while performing Uploading Ports and Check Tables step.

Another alternative is you can use the Report Program ZMDME_EXTRACT_CUSTOMER_553 for Customer

ZMDME_EXTRACT_MATERIAL_553 for Material

ZMDME_EXTRACT_VENDOR_553 for Vendor

You can use the old programs buit they are meant for SP3 version of MDM.I myself have used the ABAP Programs .They are working fine and poulating check table values.

The difference between this MDMGX Transaction and the ZMDME_EXTRACT programme is that this MDMGX is a generic one while the programmes are specific to the Master Data Object.

However the major difference is MDMGX Transaction generates seperate xml files for each of the T Tables extracted

while the ABAP Program ZMDME generates a single xml file.

Refer to SAP Note 964991.

I have some other documents also related to this transaction

and also about main table population which is also another pain area for this R3-MDM Integration scenario.( you need to do some major ALE settings without which you cannot do the main table population)

Give me yuor mail id

**Award points please if the answer is useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

U have to use generic extratctor MDMGX to extract reference data(customizing data) from R/3.

Prerequisite:

MDMGX to be installed.

Procedure to use it.

A)Setup Execution.

1) Define Object type as per ur requirement (drop down list standard objects are provided like customer,vendor,products etc.).

2)Define Repository and ftp server name.

3)Upload ports and check table.

4)Maintain ports and check table.

B)Execute Generation and Extraction.

1)Generate XSD.

2) Starrt Execution.

For each check table u have to create a separate port in MDM Repository.

zreport is a older version ,it can be but neednot contain latest updates in check table .

Reward Points if helpful.

Regards,

Neethu Joy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Yes, you can use the MDMGX to extract the referance/check table data into MDM Repository via FTP Server.

There are some standard object defined in MDMGX, you can use from them as per your requirement.

Sap has shipped standard lookup tables to extraxct the data from R3,SRM,CRM to MDM System.

And for use of MDMGX, just configure the option"Define repositories and FTP Server".

After that you can creat a XSD file as per the object, for creating the lookup tables in your repository.

for extraction of the object you can use, "start extract" option.

you can also refer the following threads:

Hope this will help you.

TNR,

Saurabh...