cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How billings documents gets splitted in the shipment..?

poorna_yalamanchili
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I work in SD/LE environment, in a Logistics company..

whenever i go to the shipment billing documents, like for example :

a shipment is created with 6 deliveries on it each going to be dropped at a different place.

And when i look into the billing documents of that shipment, theres like 3 or 4 of them, with 1 or 2 deliveries on each billing document...my question is - how does the shipment do this splitting or is the splitting done based on a criterion here?

if there's a general criterion please do let me know..

Thanks in advance fellas

cheers

Poorna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is controlled through Shipment Cost types and Item categories.

Explore the configuration done in the above things.

Regards

Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

The type of split is controlled through a Split Profile that you define in Customizing and assign to the shipment type. You store a profile for the delivery split before planning and after planning. Whether or not the split deliveries remain in the shipment depends on your Customizing settings:

-before planning: Already when you are making up the shipment, you know that the delivery needs splitting. The split results and the split remainder remain in the shipment.

-after planning: Already when you are loading up the means of transport you determine that the delivery needs splitting. In the case of a loading ramp split, the split results are removed from the shipment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poorna,

The shippment document has nothing to do with the splitting of invoices. The shippment is for organizing your transports.

While billing is for receving customer payments on pre-decided conditions.

The splitting could be based on variuos paramters like different sold-to or bill-to. It could be even because of difference assignements and references. Splitting could also be because of difference in payment terms.

The best way to find the reason of splitting is by doing split analysis while creating invoice, but before saving it.

Hope this helps,

Abhishek