cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group Step issue in Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm facing a problem while using the Group step in workflow.

After the Group step is over, i have used few validate and Assign steps and the a Process step.

But as the workflow moves from Group to Process, all these steps are ignored.

I tried entering a Process step immediately after the Group and then the validate Assign steps and then Process. This time it worked as I had inserted an extra Process step immediately after Group.

Design which did not work: Assign 1 and Assign 2 did not get executed

Group -> Assign1->Assign2->Process

Design which worked: Assign 1 and Assign 2 did not get executed

Group -> Process ->Assign1->Assign2->Process

But I cannot just simply enter one more Process step in between in the workflow, as it hinder the flow.

Plz suggest a solution!

Regards,

Ketan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

The Merge step also does not make the Assign step executable.

Basically i need to run few Assignments immediately after Group step and then move to Process. The assignments are important as the Process step takes action based on the values set in the assign step.

Also not only Assign, any stp which does not require user intervention like Validate, Notify, Syndicate is not working if it lies between Group and Process.

But if you insert any User task step like Match/Approve/Process immediately after Group, then the Assign and Notify follwed by the Process, the steps ge executed.

Strange problem!

Also try inserting a branch step immediatly after Group... The workflow will disappear from your Workflow list!!

Regards,

Ketan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

There are just 2 independent Process steps inside the group which can run concurrently.

Start->| P1 | > Assign1> Assign 2-->Process --> Stop

..........| P2 |

Thats the workflow I'm using.

Thanks,

Ketan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ketan,

I replicated the same Workflow in my system, and I also faced the same problem. I do not know why it is behaving in this manner.

Now, there can be workaround to counter this:

1. You mentioned that you also want to run some Validations on records.

So, you can use a branch and put those Validations in it. Hence it will be like:

Start->Branch->Group->Merge->Assign->Process->Stop.

It will not complicate your process also.

It should work. Kindly check and confirm.

*Please reward Points if found useful.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I have tried inserting the merge step as well. Infact all the steps which do not require any action like notify, Validate but still the problem persists!

Any other options?

Thanks,

Ketan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ketan,

I would like to know 2 things before i could suggest you something:

1. What are the steps before the "Group" step?

2. How have you used group in your Workflow?( I mean, inside Group)

May be we can come out to a conclusion.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ketan,

The assign step can be connected to the group step without any problem. But i do not know why it is failing in your case.

But if it so, try putting a merge step after group. As merge is an Automatic step, that will allow you to remove the Extra Process stencil that you have added( in order to make your Workflow work). Merge will not require any action from you.

Then connect your assignments steps to the merge Step.

• Note- Merge will not get connected to Validate step, if in case it is required by you.

I hope it helps.

• Please reward points if found useful.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain