cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLMAN 4.0 - SP15 - SPAM stops -saplsfes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

We are running in a deep trouble now with Support pack 15 installation on Solution manager 4.0. I started the SPAM with SP15 queue and it was running fine until it started with sapkb70014.

Whats the problem with this patch? Even sapkb70013 had similar issue. Is that these patches are getting released before proper testing? Whatever, but customers are running in deep trouble with these ever long running patches.

SP15 is running for more than 36 hours now, constant increase in transport logs. We are unable to use the system for past two days. When we try to login it says ABAP error code: Error and a blank page followed by syntax error at program saplsfes. The known issues with SP15 didnt have this issue updated yet. I have opened a high priority message and waiting for SAP's answer.

Any one came across this issue? I dunno how to stop the batch job since Im unable to get into the system. And also Im worried to shut down the system to restart since transport logs are growing.

Please advice.

Thanks

Subbu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

we went into same troubles while implementing SP stack 15 into SolMan.

We waited for over 24 hours regarding the import of SAPKB0013.

Running

brconnect -u / -c -f stats -t SYSTEM_STATS

brconnect -u / -c -f stats -t oradict_stats

on our ORACLE DB fixed the problem and performance was very good again so the import went fine.

Thanks for the hint!!!!!

Regards,

Claus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Mistake...

A simple DB statistics from brconnect took the system high and the SP15 went in sucessfully.

I feel at any phase in SP imports, when you are stuck, like main import or import_proper etc...running a DB statistic would help. For solution manager 4,0, it just took 30 mins to run it. And it saved a lot of time!!

One suggestion to SAP, please make a note in the known issues of SP15 note that, system becomes unusable during the import of this SP. And also errors regarding saplsfes.

Thanks

Subbu