cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Communication Channel Filenaming

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see postings about passing filename variables et al, but all I want to do is make my receiver communication channel creatte a filename of "constant.<date>". When I put my constant "ABC." in the <u>File Name Scheme</u> and then select AddTimeStamp in the <u>File Construction Mode</u>, my separating period does not show up between the ABC and date, but instead it is after the date. What do I need to do to get the period after the constant, but before the date?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi keith.

Try simply to change positions between the perioeg and the ABC charecters like this ".ABC" instead of "ABC."

maybe its a simple game of encoding and charecter position problem.

Post a reply if it worked for you or if you solved it in any other way.

cheers

Nimrod Gisis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

This should work for you:

In the File Name Scheme, put:

ABC. (with the period)

In the File Construction Mode, select:

AddTimeStamp (You are already doing it)

Good Luck,

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanumurthy: This is what I was doing originally (see above). Did you mean to type something else?

I tried the ".ABC" method mentioned by Nimrod, but it created an output file like "20051102-131002-063.ABC".

I will just keep messing with it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found these instructions at help.sap.com, but I do not have a "temporary name schema" field in IB:Config. Does anyone know if it is visible in XI versions after 9.

- Under Write Mode, specify whether the target file is to be written directly in the specified directory. If an additional step is to be added using a temporary file, choose Use Temporary File.

- You can specify a naming schema for the temporary file under Temporary Name Schema. This schema is used to determine the prefix and extension of the temporary file; to ensure a unique file name, a time stamp is also added to the name during processing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keith,

Sorry about that. I did not know that you were on SP9.

Yes, the 'temporary name schema' has options for variable substitution starting from SP14. In that, you can define variables in the file path and name, and define a scheme for the values.

For now in SP9, you can try giving 'ABC..' with two dots and see if it works.

Good luck,

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

The double-period gives me a filename of

ABC.20051103-100808-520.

which may work (even though extra period at end).

I will look into SP14. Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith

One method i can think of is, that you can write a shell script which converts your files from ABCtimestamp to ABC.timestamp, and call the script using Operating System command.

cheers

Sameer