cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO Proxy Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're running xMII 11.5.3 and recently upgraded SAP from 4.6c to ERP 6. I've downloaded the PM templates from SDN and took the WorkOrderList transaction out for a spin. I'm gettng a 'JCOProxy error: Problem retrieving JCO.Function object.' error in the Request document of the GetWorkOrderList action, then subsequent errors downstream from there.

I've pointed the transaction to our ERP 6 development server and verified that BAPI_ALM_ORDERHEAD_GET_LIST exists in the system.

Is it a permissions issue?

David Macindoe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try accessing any other BAPIs?

Also try a JCOProxy Reset.

http://<server>/Lighthammer/JCOProxy?Mode=Reset.

I doubt this'll resolve as it is meant only for clearing the JCO cache but try it anyways if you haven't already.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Udayan,

When I said I cleared the JCOProxy cache, I meant that I had used the reset URL you listed in your reply.

I hadn't tried any BAPI's from other PM templates but that's a good thought. I'll let you know what I find out.

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried the FunctionalLocationList template which uses BAPI_FUNCLOC_GETLIST. While it didn't return any data (possibly due to my selection criteria), it also didn't generate a JCOProxy error.

I'll try a few more templates.

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about creating a new transaction , using the SAP JCO interface action(s) and try to do a search on , lets say , BAPI_USER*.

As you mentioned earlier, it would be worthwhile checking the authorization for the User as well.

A User profile SAP_ALL implies the user is authorized to run all the BAPIs and this is what is recommended in a development environment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried it again with the WorkOrderDetail template which uses BAPI_ALM_ORDER_GET_DETAIL. It ran with error and returned data.

I re-tried the original template - WorkOrderList - which uses BAPI_ALM_ORDERHEAD_GET_LIST. It still gives me a JCOProxy error.

I'll take a look at the user authorizations.

David

Answers (0)