cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent SAP XI / PI certification pattern?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am totally confused after hearing different views on SAP XI/PI certification.So thought of clarifying the doubts through SDN.

Some of my friends say that the questions will be of

a) situation and scenario types with multiple answers to choose

b) some questions will be of practical type etc.

c) unequal distribution of marks etc...

Please help me. Any new XI / PI development consultant can through their experience which will definitely help me and my friend before appearing for the exam.

Your views will well appreciated.

Regards,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The exam formats between C_TBIT44_04 (NW04) and C_TBIT44_70 (NW 7.0) are identical: same focus and % of questions in each category.

For C_TBIT44_04, the courses listed are: TBIT40, TBIT41, TBIT42, TBIT43, TBIT44

For C_TBIT44_70, the courses listed are: TBIT40, TBIT44, BIT400, BIT402, BIT430, BIT460

Ya thats true...there will the questions based on situation and scenario types with multiple answers to choose as well as on practical works....Its good testing for the real time exposure.

The distribution fo mark is fixed as

refer below for nark distribuition as topic wise -- Percenatge will give the waitage of marks topic wise

http://www.sap.com/services/education/certificationtest.epx?context=FFC760B8923D16BB5150DAE63E7C1A6B...

Thanks

swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Mar 6, 2008 7:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

Thanks for your immediate reply.

But if one prepares for C_TBIT44_04, whether he can take C_TBIT44_70 and pass the exam? How much difference is there between these two certification?

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi yes you can,

There are not much differences between C_TBIT44_04, and C_TBIT44_70.

Actually the C_TBIT44_04 is for XI 3.0 and C_TBIT44_70. for PI 7.0

The difference between XI 3.0 and PI 7.0 are

The main difference between 3.0 and 7.0 is the GUI in SLD. But, it is pretty easy to adopt. All other components, e.g. IR, ID, RWB, should virtually be identical.

7.0 also contain some SCM contents not available from 3.0. For most of us, this is a non-issue.

In 7.0 we can schedule a background job and edit the payload.

XI3.0 is based on WAS(web application server)6.40 - NW2004

PI7.0 is based on WAS(web application server)7.0 - NW2004's

Service packs in 2004 and 2004s;

in 2004 - in 2004s

SP12 & < - SP04

SP13 + 14 - SP05

SP15 - SP06

SP16 - SP07

SP17 - SP08

SP18 - SP09

ref:http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cf/9844428e9cbe30e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

See This Thread on the Same Discussion

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

That was a very good link which gave me a basic idea about the diff. But in the exam point of view how we can cover this differance as we have only 3.0 books for reference.

And also it will be very helpful if you can share any links on sample scenario type questions.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I would suggest you to not restrict your study only for the refrence books of 3.0.

That would also be elgible for preparing for the Exam for PI 7.0.

AS if you see there is not much difference between XI3.0 and PI 7.0 you caould use the same material. But you need to go through the minor differences also that I have mentioned in the above post.

XI Certification exam is mostly based on the practical oriented questions and this kind of questions could be solve based on the practical exposure.

I would suggest you to focus more on the practical work as you will diificult to get the direct solutions in these reference material. You need to co-relate the Practical and Therotical knowledge.

So wish you all the best for Exam and be prepare very well for it...

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions and help.

Regards,

Praveen.

Answers (0)