Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameters on User Tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The parameters on the SU01 tab -- Does the system pulls in by itself or we can specify ?

I have a sitvation where users cannot do a particular tcode as its absent in the parameter list...I thought the system pulls in these values..again how does it get the first time ??

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Parameters are not "pulled" into user id when created in SU01. The parameters and values have to be set manually unless you have copied another user id and selected them in the copy process.

0 Kudos

JC ,

I agree there...what i wanted to say was for example the parameter value for the Palnt code is XXXXX this is specified in the Role...

Parameter value fo rcontrolling is again specified, why does it need to be again mentioned in the Parameter tab !

0 Kudos

>

> I agree there...what i wanted to say was for example the parameter value for the Palnt code is XXXXX this is specified in the Role...

> Parameter value fo rcontrolling is again specified, why does it need to be again mentioned in the Parameter tab !

1 - What if you give your user roles for three different plants?

2 - Parameters have no 'real' authorization value, there just there to make life easier. You could even give someone without any plant access a plant parameter ......

0 Kudos

Yeah ! Thanks Folks Got the fundamental !!