cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Content Server 6.40 on same machine as NW 7.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is it technically possible to install a Content Server 6.40 on the same machine as a NW 7.0 system?

Where would I normally find this information?

Thanks,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't see why it should not be technically possible.

Wether this is a a good idea for a production system is an other matter !

For sandbox usage, why not ?

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the idea was to do this on the dev system.

I just found a section about content server in the Netweaver Master Guide:

Standalone engines of SAP NetWeaver are additional installable software units. They do not work

as full-blown systems of SAP NetWeaver, but as standalone engines that provide a specific (server)

functionality in combination with one or more SAP NetWeaver systems.

Standalone engines are not part of a usage type. They do not run on AS ABAP or AS Java.

For SAP NetWeaver, the following standalone engines are available:

Content Server

Content Server is a separate server instance that is used to store documents or other types of

content related to SAP applications. The accompanying cache server can cache content if your

company operates in several locations. This reduces load on the wide area network when working

with documents.

It doesn't really say, that it is not possible.

Problem is if we can really recommend this to the customer or if it is too risky...

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Rule of thumb:

If you want to do it on your own, go ahead. If you want to recommend to your customer, DON'T.

If your customer wants this, you can do it but let them know you will not take responsibility about it unless you find a note that directly supports it. The buzz word is "heterogenous" (which usually means heterogenous platforms that ARE supported for specific mix ups).

Regards,

Benny

Answers (0)