cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addition of exisiting stock field in storage type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ...

For one storage type , I have selected a placement strategy as "Addition to exisiting stock".

Both 'Addition of existing stock' as well as 'Mixed storage' are selected for that storage type.

I have only one storage bin which is already occupied with the stock of Material 'XXX'.

Now when I try to create TO of another material "yyy" , system couldn't find the bin automatically. But manually I can select that bin.

After first transaction of material "yyy" , system automatically selects the same BIN in next transactions (TOs).

Just wondering the reason , why system couldn't select the bin first time.

Regards

Sandeep Marwha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

In Addition to Existing Stock Strategy, for the first time, Bin is determined based on Next Empty Bin Strategy and from second time onwards, System will try to find the same quant and proposes the same Bin. In this way, when you try to place YYYY Material, system searched the Identical quant which is not there. Hence, system did not suggested your first Bin. If you would have created some set of Bins, you could have realized this. System might have suggested the Next bin. Since you overrided manually and chosen the first Bin, then for the next time, System identified the Identical quant in the first Bin and proposed the Bin.

I hope, it clarifies.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramkumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx