cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow notifications and SMTP authentification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all

Can you please tell me if it is possible to send email notifications to SMTP server which requires authentification? If yes, where can I fill my login and password?

TIA

Vadim Kalabin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vadim,

There is only one way to send email notification in MDM which is using MDM workflows.

For which you have to cofigure a user in console with email address and then in data manager you will make a workflow with notify step.

Just make a setting in mds.ini file update the mail server variable and restart mdm server. it can be any server on which you have email send and receive authentication and configured in your outlook. or you should have login in that server at that time.

This situation have not come in front of me when we have to provide any userid and password for it. because i was already login into the mail server which i was using in MDM.

Hope it will clear your doubt.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alok, I have doubts whether you understood me correctly.

Each SMTP server has 2 modes: with authentification or without authentification.

My SMTP server is public and requires authentification parameters (login and pwd) that I filled in my client application (Outlook) when I configured my email account in Outlook.

When you configure MDM user you provide only e-mail and no authentification data.

[Here|; it is said that

Your SMTP server should relay mails without SMTP authentication.

I would like somebody to confirm this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vadim,

When you configure Workflow in SAP make sure user WF-BATCH has a valid email account, if it doesn't workflows will not flow as expected.