Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call abap commands from oracle enviorment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

i have quite no experience with SAP but i have this problem:

in oracle db we have datas which are in variables to one ABAP function. And we need call this func with this parameters. From our SAP experts i get information that our SAP support Bussines Connector. I think that BC is some server component which allows comunicate me with sap via xml. And my questioin is how connect to sap using this BC from pl/sql if it is possible. Or what are other possibilities comunicate with sap and call abap function. I hope my scenario is clear, if not i will describe it in more details.

thanx for help.

Jakub.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use SAP XI ABAP proxy if possible for ur landscape. BC could be used but SAP does not look at it as long term integration solution.

If still u want to use BC, then in the bc server, u have to configure the routing roules to communicate with the SAP server

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i think i will use BC because our SAP expert send it to me as possible way. I understand their msg as that BC server is ready. But i dont know if i understand this architecture well: BC is server which allows comunicate with sap and use abap function. And i need any client application to connect to BC and send abap statements using any sap-bc's xml files. is this right? If it is how i can connect to BC from pl/sql if it is possible if not can i use java?

Jakub.

Edited by: An Organic on Mar 6, 2008 4:35 PM