cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Global Variable in Production System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have used one global variable in our mapping and it is working fine in Dev & QA system, but when we transported it into PRD system it is not working. The Global Variable returns the Null.

We have refreshed the cache & restarted the J2EE Engine but still it is not working.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe it would be difficult to debug in production environment. As you said its working in dev and QA. Right thing to do is to find the difference in environment and messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions or idea what to do...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarvesh,

I beleieve this issue is because of the data. Is it the same data that is getting executed in mapping in DEV, QAS & PROD ? obviously that would not b the case.

well, we could start by getting the XML payload from SXMB_MONI and test the source XML in the test tab of DEV, QAS & PROD to see what is the value for this global variable.

You could print the global variable value using trace object.

Create a UDF or inside an exisiting UDF you could add the below code.

AbstractTrace trace = container.getTrace();

trace.addInfo(<<your global variable>>);

if your global variable is not a string , convert it into a string object and then do addInfo.

See if this troubleshooting approach helps.

Regards

Saravana

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are doing the same.

We have observed one thing in all the three systems that only Production system is having the different Release (older one) than Dev & QA. I guess this could be one of the cause of problem, but not sure about it. So we will try to update the same Release in Prd system as well and then check if it is working fine. We are working on XI 3.0 SP19.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> We have observed one thing in all the three systems that only Production system is having the different Release (older one) than Dev & QA. I guess this could be one of the cause of problem, but not sure about it. So we will try to update the same Release in Prd system as well and then check if it is working fine. We are working on XI 3.0 SP19.

Problem was due to different release version in Production system. We update the same as in Dev & QA and now it is working fine.

Regards,

Sarvesh