Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InfoProvider - Insufficient authorisation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm new to the Security world and I'm starting to create some new roles. I've come across an issue which I believe should be easy to answer...

I'm trying to allow a user to run a SAP BI query which they can do. Unfortunately no results are returned because the user does not have sufficient authorization for the InfoProvider.

Can someone please advise what authorization I need to set-up in order to allow the user to run the query and get results back.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Since you have mentioned BI are you using Analysis Authorisations, if yes then probably you can simulate this in RSECADMIN and find out which auth is missing.

With conventional BW you can always perform a trace for authorisations (ST01). The infoprovider can be a ODS or a Cube.

The common objects in BW are.,

S_RS_COMP

S_RS_COMP1

S_RS_HIER

S_RS_ICUBE

S_RS_ISET

S_RS_ODSO

S_RS_ISET

S_RS_ISOUR

S_RS_ISRCM

Thanks.

Regards,

Muthu Kumaran KG

0 Kudos

Hi,

As I'm using BI7, Analysis Authorisations will be used and I already know the missing authorisation relates to an InfoCube.

What I had forgotten about is that every user should have an authorisation that contains the new special characters (i.e. 0TCAIPROV etc).

When I added in the appropriate special characters with full authorisation (i.e. no restrictions), I now receive a message on the BI report saying "No Authorization"!

I've also never used ST01 so I'm not sure what to do!

0 Kudos

Bingo...all sorted.

There were a couple of characteristics that had been set to "authorisation relevant". As these characteristics were specified in a role, the user wasn't able to view any of the data.

I added them in as a new analysis authorisation and, hey presto, it worked!

It's nice when you can answer your own questions!

0 Kudos

Mark,

Please check out the following link.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/659fa0a2-0a01-0010-b39c-8f9...

i hope it gives you clear picture of BI Security.

Thanks

Himadama