0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you wanna know more about it u can try this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/00/6e6040a64e8437e10000000a155106/content.htm

regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek and Seshagiri thanks for the reply , but the thing is Abhishek it was really helpful from yourside but J2EE resource adapter i know that but i want to know more about it , like any link or any ppt or blog is there can u provide me with that, plz

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Development and structu of JCA Resource Adapters

The J2EE Connector Architecture (JCA) technology provides a unified architecture for connecting the AS Java to heterogeneous Enterprise Information Systems (EIS). The adapters are modules that are deployed on the application server and provide unified access to the EIS for any application components that are also installed on the server.

JCA involves integration of three underlying mechanisms:

● Connection pooling

The Connector Container Service in the AS Java provides support for pooling EIS connections, which can be reused.

You can configure the connection pooling for each ManagedConnectionFactory at deployment time.

● Transaction management

● Security management

These system-level contracts enable the communication between the deployed resource adapter and the application server. They also define a close relation between the connector services and the AS Java Transaction Service and Security Provider Service.

JCA in the AS Java enables easy and uniform connectivity to external resources using resource adapters or the interfaces that the connector services provide.

The Connector Container Service enables the deployment of resource archives (RAR files) on the AS Java. It also provides overall connection management by registering all client requests for connections. The Connector Container Service offers support for connection pooling. You can use the functions this service provides to develop and deploy a resource adapter following the requirements of the JCA 1.5 standard.