cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with 'gen_wdp' folder in dtr..Please guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I made changes to my DC in a new activity; there was some problem with that. I activated the activity though the build failed. The activation error is that the file <mycomponent><view>.java refers to the symbol IMessage<component>.java that cannot be resolved. I accidentally deleted the IMessage<component>.java but checked it in later. This is what is causing problems. I found from the forum that this should not be done as the files under 'gen_wdp' shouldn't be checked in. Can some one tell me a way to solve this problem?

Also, I have a back-up copy of the DC that needs to be in DTR. Is there any way that I check in the new DC?

It's quite urgent.

I checked this thread

and as it says,there is a 'gen_wdp' folder in the dtr of my component. I created a new dtr client and tried deleting the gen_wdp folder. But I get an error msg saying "Checking our parent folder failed" Checkout not possible:Folder item is remote. Can someone please guide me?

Thanks in advance,

Subathra M

Edited by: M Subathra on Mar 7, 2008 12:55 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> and as it says,there is a 'gen_wdp' folder in the dtr of my component. I created a new dtr client and tried deleting the gen_wdp folder. But I get an error msg saying "Checking our parent folder failed" Checkout not possible:Folder item is remote. Can someone please guide me?

You first need to Sync the parent folder. After that it will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for that reply. But that didn't help. I had to create the component again.

Answers (0)