cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode verification in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Can SAP verify the generated/printed barcodes internally? Or do we have to have a separate barcode reader to verify the generated barcodes?

Thanks,

Shaina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can SAP verify the generated/printed barcodes internally?

what do you mean by internally?

bar code reader is required, and you need to write the program in SAP to read bar code.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kaushal, I want to now, if there is any way in SAP itself to verify that generated barcode is correct. Hope you got my question.

Thanks,

Shaina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you mean to sap itself verify the generated bar code by SAP

NO.

because SAP calls bar codes by names that must be mapped into the matching bar codes available with Bar Code Object Content Architecture™ (BCOCA™)

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. Thanks.

Can you tell me the exact difference between Central Instance Installation and Dialog Instance installation - if you do not mind... I am deviating from the topic...

Thanks,

Shaina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Central instance contain -> message server + dispatcher + enqueue

Dialog instance contain -> only dispatcher ( disp + work )

if you already have SAP system installed than you can install dialog instance ( additional application server) for the SAP Central instance.

dialog instance is generally used for load balancing.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kaushal,

We have a central instance already installed. We need to install a dialog instance Win XP.

We installed Oracle client in Win XP. But when we try to connect to the Oracle database, We get the following error:

"TNS: Could not resolve the connect identifier specified". Any idea how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance,

Shaina

Answers (0)