cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMART FORMS SYSTEM COMPARISON

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Is it possible to compare smart forms between two different systems? If yes how?

Your prompt reponse would be much appreciated.

Thanks And Rgds,

Hemendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can compare only by seeing the versions under version management if both the systems has same smartform.Hope this answers your query.

Reward if helpful.

Thanks,

Dishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dishant,

Thanks for your prompt response. But I don't think there is a Version management option for Smart Forms therefore it's still unclear to me how smart forms can be compared between two different systems?

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Thanks And Rgds,

Hemendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no comparison tool as such, but if you're on release 4.7 or higher you can export the form as xml and compare the xml files to determine differences. It is also possible to compare the generated function modules of two smartforms, that said how you work out what the differences mean my be a bit tricky.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your response. Yes we are on ECC 6.0 version.

But I am afraid it's not possible to compare generated version of Function modules, any further advice would indeed help me a lot..

Thansk And Rgds,

Hemendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried Utilities -> Download Form from the Smartforms main menu? The xml files that this creates could be compared either visually side-by-side or using a text comparison tool.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemendra,

In smartforms the best way to compare is by checking the last changed part in General attributes under Form Attributes.This also has the time the last time the form was changed.You can compare the forms by this in different clients.

Reward if helpful.

Thanks,

Dishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your time here.

I think the only way as you suggested is to download Smart forms as xml file on local drive and then compare manually or using tool.

Thanks And Rgds,

Hemendra