Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying few Users from a client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Suppose i have to copy few number of users from one client to another..How do we do it?

Scenario:- I have 100 Users in client ABC and I created a new client BCA..Now i want to copy only 30 users from client ABC to BCA..How do i do It?

Thanks & Regards

Keith

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

two options:

A donwload the tables from the source client create a LSMW to create users and use the tables for the creation of the users based on the downloaded tables.

B let basis do a client/userbase export from the source and inport that into the new client. secondly create a LSMW to delete users and delet 70 users.

In older versions of SAP use CATT for this.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

two options:

A donwload the tables from the source client create a LSMW to create users and use the tables for the creation of the users based on the downloaded tables.

B let basis do a client/userbase export from the source and inport that into the new client. secondly create a LSMW to delete users and delet 70 users.

In older versions of SAP use CATT for this.

0 Kudos

Thank u Sir,

But do we have a direct option or a Tcode or script to do it?

Thanks & Regards

Keith

0 Kudos

for instructions how to create uses with SCAT or SCAT look here http://www.sapsecurityonline.com/tutorials.htm

for general instructions how to use LSMW google for LSMW instructions and you will find a number of sites.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If time is of the essence, I might suggest you do a system copy and then use SU10 to lock the users you do not want in the new client. You can then take your time to write the ECATT to delete the users you don't want.

0 Kudos

hi,

Thanks every1 ...We Need an Abappers help to do that..All ur info was very helpful

Thanks and Regards.

Keith

0 Kudos

Hello "Ray Keith",

Sorry for answering after you have closed the thread, but a little thought occurred to me:

You could temporarily set up a little CUA from the one client to the new one, clone the users accross and then delete the CUA again?

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks every1..

Ray