Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading MDMGX_MATERIAL_XXX file into ERP System

former_member189354
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to MDM. Wright now, I am configuring MDMGX from ECC 5.0 to MDM. When I am checking the MDMGX in ECC5.0 system I am able to find the object types for Product,Employee and business partner. I need to extract the referce table data for Material & Vendor. SAP installation guide saying that we need to uplod the file MDMGX_xxxxxx file which is available in business content to the end business system. But I am unable to find in which tcode I need to upload this file. Any help on this is greatly appreciated. I am using MDM 55 SP6.

Thanks,

Daniel.LA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member496675
Participant
0 Kudos

For reference data, you can upload the configuration file in the same transaction MDMGX.

When you run MDMGX, you see a screen with different options on it. There is one option where you can upload this configuration file. It will then automatically create the ports for your extraction process.

The process that Saurabh has mentioned above is for extracting the actual master data, not the reference data. For reference data extraction MDMGX is sufficient.

Regards,

-T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello T,

The process which I told is also for the Reference data extraction not for the Master data but it is related to the "Catalog object" port and check tables which is shipped by SAP.

Yes, we can upload the configuration file via the option "Upload port and check tables" in MDMGX.

According to Daniel requirement,

I need to extract the referce table data for Material & Vendor. SAP installation guide saying that we need to uplod the file MDMGX_xxxxxx file which is available in business content to the end business system.

The specific text file for perticular repositories which are avialable in the business content of MDM on service market place.

Daniel,

you want to extract the data for Material & Vendor so you can create your own Object type via option "Define Object Type" in MDMGX and then you can upload the configuration file which is specific to the standard repositories shipped by SAP via option "Upload port and check tables" in MDMGX. Just select the object type which you have created your own and select the txt file from your local desktop. and you can check the entry against your object type in the option "Maintain Port and Check Tables".

Remember, this transaction MDMGX is customizable, you can add your own port and lookup tables which is not present in the standard content.

for further details, you can refer the MDMGX Guide which you already have.

TechX, Please let me know if I am wrong.

Hope this will clear the thing.

Reward with points if found helpfull.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

The file which you required, you can find in the SAP note -967088 as an attachment.

And the transaction code, go to SE38 in R3 System.

Enter the report name MDM_GX_UPLOAD_MDMGXC1 and start the report.

On the initial report screen; select Catalog as Object Type and select the downloaded file MDMGX_Catalog.txt from the local drive. Make sure that the Remove Header Line checkbox is selected and execute the report.

If report is already exist then there is no need to do so.

Hope this will solve your problem.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Edited by: Saurabh Kumar Sahu on Mar 6, 2008 12:29 PM